“To get rich, you have to be making money while you're asleep.”
Today, I will show you how to create your very own blog. Blogging is what changed my life and allowed me to make thousands of dollars every month, all by doing something that I enjoy.
Plus, you can start making money very quickly with your blog, for just a few dollars a month! Below, I have included discounted pricing with Bluehost so that all of you can start a blog for cheap. You will also receive a free blog domain through my link too.
Act quick though because the price will not stay that low for long!
Click here to start a blog on WordPress, then use the tutorial below for the easy directions.
If you’re looking to start a WordPress blog for cheap, then choosing Bluehost for your hosting needs may be your answer. Bluehost is a great web host and I personally have had a great experience with them.
Blogging has been one of the best things ever for me. As you can tell from my business income reports, I now make over $70,000 a month from my blogging-related services. I earned over $300,000 in 2015 through blogging and I am expecting to double my income in 2016.
I am able to work from home, I can travel whenever I want, I have a flexible schedule and more. I am absolutely loving life and I can’t believe how much my life has improved in just the past few years.
Anyone can make money with a blog, and I was able to make the money back that I paid for blog hosting very quickly. It is well worth it to pay for blog hosting and I’m sure you will be able to make your money back quickly as well.
Bluehost is one of the top web hosting companies in 2016 and you can start your own blog with them for as low as $3.49 a month (this low price is through my link only)! Also, if you sign up using my link, then you will get your domain for free if you purchase a 12 month or longer hosting plan (a $15 value).
I highly recommend signing up for the 12 month hosting plan through Bluehost. It’s affordable and you can save a lot of money by signing up for at least 12 months. Plus, there are no contracts and you can get a refund anytime, even after 11 months!
You may be thinking, “Well I can just start on Blogger for a little cheaper.” NOOOOO… Don’t do that. There are so many reasons for why a Blogger/Blogspot blog is a really bad idea.
If you are interested in ever making money off your blog, freelancing or turning it into a business, then paying for your hosting, such as through Bluehost, is a MUST. It’s extremely cheap as well to go through Bluehost AND you get a free domain. You can run any of your own advertisements, affiliate links, direct advertising, etc. with a blog ran on Bluehost.
Making money on Blogger or any other free blogging platform is very difficult, and in many cases never happens. Most advertisers and companies tend to run away from Blogger websites because they don’t view them as professional as self-hosted WordPress blogs, so that’s another big reason to use Bluehost.
There are many reasons for why you may want to choose Bluehost for your WordPress blog and I honestly believe they are one of the best web hosting providers. These reasons include:
- It’s easy to use. Yes, ANYONE can create a WordPress blog easily with my tutorial below. Bluehost makes it very easy to create a WordPress blog.
- Bluehost web hosting offers technical support.
- Bluehost is extremely affordable and they offer cheap web hosting. You can have a blog of your own and the only real expense you need to pay is the cheap blog hosting which starts at just $3.49 per month.
- You get a FREE blog domain.
- WordPress through Bluehost is FREE.
- Bluehost offers a guarantee in case you determine that it is not for you. If you sign up for Bluehost, but you are confused for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), you can always send me an email and I can help you out.
- You will be self-hosted. If you want to monetize your blog, then you will want to be self-hosted.
- You will appear much more professional to readers, companies, and so on if you are self-hosted on Bluehost than being on Blogspot.
First, you will need to head on over to Bluehost to do any of this. There are many web hosting companies out there, but Bluehost is honestly one of the best. There is a reason why many bloggers choose Bluehost for their web hosting needs.
If you plan on starting a blog on Bluehost and you are interested in learning how to start a blog on WordPress, continue below. Remember, if you sign up for Bluehost, but you are confused for any reason (such as how to set it up, picking a plan, pricing, etc.), you can always send me an email and I can help you out. That’s what I’m here for so don’t be afraid to send me an email.
Set Up Your Hosting Account
1. Click here to get the special $3.49 per month rate on BlueHost and then click “get started”.
2. Select your plan. The basic plan is the one I recommend for new bloggers.Click “Select” to choose your plan.
3. Type in your domain name in the left box and then click “next” to see if it is available.
- If you already own a domain name and want to use it for your blog, type your existing domain in the right box and then click “next”. Only use the right box if you have previously paid to register a domain!
4. If the domain is unavailable you will be given a list of similar domain names that are available. You can choose one of the suggested domains or type in another name to try.
5. Once you have found an available domain name you will be taken to the registration page where you will put in all your billing details.
6. You will also need to choose your hosting package and options.
- The 36 month package gets you the lowest monthly rate, while the 12 month package has a lower up-front cost. Either is a good choice.
- I uncheck the boxes next to the other products when I sign-up. You can always add these at a later time if you need them.
7. Once your account is setup (usually just a few minutes), you can login to your account by going to the BlueHost homepage and clicking the login tab at the top. Enter in your domain name and the password you chose when registering.
8. Now that you have logged-in to your account control panel, we can install WordPress, which is the software you will use for your blog. First, close any pop-up windows. Then look under the “Website” heading and click the “Install WordPress” link.
You will now be automatically logged-in to Mojo Marketplace and taken to the WordPress install page. Click on the “Install” button to get started.
Select your domain and click “Check Domain”.
Check the “Show advanced options” box. Now you can enter in your site title, username, and password. These can be anything you want, and all of them except the username can be changed later. Make sure to write down your username and password so that you don’t forget them! When you are done, check the box to agree to the terms and then click “Install Now”
WordPress is now installing! This should just take a few minutes.
9. Once the installation has completed you can click “View Credentials” at the top of the page to see your login information. This info is only available for 12 hours, so make sure to write it down in a safe place!
You will also receive an email with your login information as soon as the installation finishes.
To start with, you will need to login to your site. Go to http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin to bring up the login screen (replace “yoursite.com” with your domain name). If you are unsure of your login name or password, check the email that was sent to you from BlueHost that has this information.
Changing Your Blog Title
Once you login you will be in the WordPress administrator area. This is where you will make any changes you want to your blog. To start with, you will probably want to change the title of your blog. To do this, go to the bottom of the left menu and click “Settings”. That should take you to this screen:
On this screen you can change your “Site Title” and also the subtitle, known as your “Tagline”. Enter whatever you want in these two boxes and then scroll to the bottom and click the “Save Changes” button.
Once you save these changes they will immediately be live on your site. To see what your site looks like at any time you can just type your domain name in the browser and hit enter.
How to Write a Post
Blogging is all about writing, so let’s learn how to write your first blog post.
Go to the left menu and click on “Posts”. (Click the image below to see a larger version.)
You will see there is already a post there titled “Hello world!” This is a default post on every new WordPress blog, and we don’t need it. To delete it click “Trash” just under the post.
To begin writing a new post, click the “Add New” link (found in either the left menu or next to the word “Posts”).
You should now be on the post creator screen. You can enter the title of your post in the top box and then begin writing your post in the lower box.
If you would like to add a picture to your post, click on the “Add Media” button and click “Select Files” to upload a picture from your computer. You can make adjustments to the picture size and alignment on the next screen. When you are all set click “Insert into post” to add the picture.
Once you have finished your post just click the “Publish” button on the right side of the screen to publish it.
Publishing Your Blog
When you are ready to remove that page, you can do so by logging-in to your blog and clicking the link near the top.
Congratulations! You now have a live website and know how to publish content onto it.