“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
– Walt Whitman
Want $5 free for shopping? Sign up for Swagbucks.
If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you are missing out! Amazon Prime is a great way to get all the best of what Amazon has to offer at an easy to swallow price of $99 per year. We signed up about 5 years ago and have never looked back.
Here are the 5 Reasons Why You Need Amazon Prime:
1. Free Two-Day Shipping – It sounds like most of you already shop Amazon. And if you don’t, you should. The savings are huge and you can find almost anything at the drop of a dime. However, one reason some folks choose not to is because of the shipping costs.
Amazon Prime takes that out of the equation with free two day shipping. There is no minimum on this feature, so it alone in my opinion is worth the price of membership here. Buy a $10 DVD here and a $15 birthday present there. A handful of items over the course of a year and you have justified the annual fee.
2. One-Day Shipping Upgrade – Let’s face it. Sometimes you need an item and you need it fast. Like, the next day fast. With Amazon Prime, this is simple and cost effective. Just upgrade your free two-day shipping to one-day shipping for $3.99.
The one-day shipping upgrade without Prime is $9.95 or more depending on the item. I think $3.99 is really reasonable to have the item on my doorstep the very next day. I’m also embarrassed to say, I’ve needed this feature more times than I care to admit.
3. Kindle Owner’s Lending Library – Love to read and own a Kindle? If so, you have the option as an Amazon Prime member to borrow books from the lending library. This means that you will save a ton of money on books and entertainment as well.
New York Times Bestsellers and many other quality options are available. You can borrow one book from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library each calendar month. You do need an actual Kindle to take advantage of this perk.
4. Amazon Instant Video – Here is where the savings start to truly multiply. Do you have a Netflix account or buy DVDs all the time? If so, you will save a ton here as well. Amazon Instant Video has over 41,000 television shows and movies to choose from at any time for free. This is yet another perk of having this wonderful program. We cancelled our Netflix subscription at $7.99 per month ($95 annual) in order to pay for our Prime account.
Stream videos on Kindle Fire HD, as well as iPad, PS3, Xbox, Wii, Wii U, Roku, on hundreds of TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players, and on the Web. Plus, all of your videos are stored in Your Video Library, so you can access them anywhere you go.
We watched favorite TV show series like Downton Abbey and Sons of Anarchy. They recently stuck up a deal with HBO too. So you can stream many of your favorite HBO series for free!
5. Amazon Mom – If you are parents of small children, Amazon Mom will be a HUGE source of savings. Wet wipes, diapers and other items get special discounts under this program. You can save 20% off diaper, wipes and other baby items as an Amazon Mom member.
They also have Amazon Mom sales with 20% off popular baby gear and accessories. I have saved hundreds being part of the Amazon Mom program. Amazon Mom is included with your Amazon Prime membership making it another reason why the program is worth the money.
I encourage you to give Amazon Prime a second look and take advantage of all the great features it offers. I really think this is an excellent bang for your buck!
No Responses - Add Comment